Collaboration project with textile editors Aristide —  2014

Textile design

 

https://www.aristide.be/

http://www.lesoir.be/643196/article/styles/deco-design/2014-09-02/etudiants-cambre-dessinent-pour-aristide

It all started by making creases on geometrical drawings, by deconstructing the rigid shapes that I usually do.Then the process was about distorting drawings with a scanner: when the bulb passed through each section of the drawing I moved it in different directions. The result was random and unpredictable. After a while I began to recognize which organic forms emerged from the movements on the scanner; I left less space to chance and the process became more conscious. I used the machine as a tool for drawing and as a way to expand the possibilities of thinking new designs.

5.2.jpg
5.1.jpg
5.5.jpg
Aristid-final.jpg